The A-Z of AP Integration
What Is an AP Integration?
Managing orders for food, supplies, and services is no small feat. Especially if you’re placing orders on one system and logging invoices on another. Transferring to an AP Integration strategy simplifies and improves the process.
So, what is an AP Integration? It’s the process of connecting your ordering platform with your accounts payable (AP) system. That means that invoices are automatically sent to your accounting system electronically. There’s no need to use resources on manual invoice entry. In a time of labor shortages, this is an obvious benefit. Plus, the enhanced invoice visibility can help you avoid data entry errors, fraudulent invoices, and many other issues.
Read on to learn how you can integrate your ordering and accounts payable systems.
A Simple Process for Invoice Management
What would a new ordering and invoice management strategy look like for your business? When you work with Foodbuy’s Procure-to-Pay system, OneSource, the process will follow these steps:
- You’ll create a purchase order within the OneSource system
- Any necessary approvals will be handled
- Your ordered supplies will be shipped to your locations anywhere across the country
- Receiving completes the three-way match process of comparing ordered, shipped, and received quantities
- Invoices will automatically be sent to your internal accounting system, with no extra labor from you
You’ll get all the accounting information you need with less labor.
3 Keys to Choosing an eProcurement System
Now that you’ve decided that you want to explore an AP integration, you’ll need to choose an eProcurement system that offers it. When assessing the options, you’ll want to look for a Procure-to-Pay system that:
- Is already integrated with other accounting systems. This saves you time during setup.
- Has a responsive support staff. This can come in handy if you experience issues or have questions.
- Allows you to input orders from all your vendors. Using different systems for different suppliers is a waste of time and resources.
Foodbuy Members automatically can choose OneSource as their Procure-to-Pay system. OneSource checks all the above boxes, with integrations to many accounting systems, a full support staff, and input capabilities for all vendors – even if you aren’t buying through one of your Foodbuy programs. Everything from third-party services to one-time costs can be logged for simplicity.
Get Started Through OneSource
For Foodbuy Members, AP Integration is easy. First, you’ll want to make sure that you’re signed up for OneSource. From there, it’s a phased approach, starting with making sure that all your locations order through OneSource. Then, integration begins. This process can take 60 to 90 days to complete.
Once you’re fully set up, you can reap the benefits of using a single system to process everything. This not only saves time and labor but makes monitoring payments easier. That could mean avoiding late payments and even taking advantage of early payment discounts. Ask your account manager about OneSource and AP Integration today to get started.