EducationFoodbuy helps you ensure you have the supplies and service you need to run your operation smoothly while staying within budget.
Partner with us to turn your purchases into profit
Who We Serve
Public Schools (K-12)
Private Schools (K-12)
Charter Schools (K-12)
Programs We OfferContracted Categories
Food and Beverage
Poultry, Pork, Beef, Eggs, Packaged & Dispensed Drinks, Pantry Items and more
Supplies, Equipment & Services (SES)
Office Supplies, Uniforms, Shipping Services, Rental Cars, Signage and more
Furniture, Fixture & Equipment (FF&E)
Lighting, Flat Screen TVs, Bedding, Appliances and more
Maintenance, Repair & Operations (MRO)
Paint, Filtration, Pest Control, Security Solutions, Comprehensive Cleaning, Waste Management and more
WIFI Service & Installation, Key Card Programs, Wireless Services, Meeting Solutions and more
Fire, Life & Safety
- What can I expect as a member of Foodbuy?
When you partner with Foodbuy, you can expect to get what you need for your business in the forms of customization, flexibility and savings. We connect our customers with the right suppliers for their business and put together winning strategies for each Member to maximize value and reduce cost whenever possible. We empower you to make the right supply chain choices for your business and offer you pure transparency along the way.
- What types of products can Foodbuy offer my business?
Backed by the purchasing power of Compass Group, the largest food service management company in North America, Foodbuy has products and services to cover the needs of all types of facilities—from large, national University systems to smaller, local schools.
Whether you are looking for healthy snacks and meal options for your cafeterias or janitorial services and supplies to keep your operation clean, Foodbuy has a broad portfolio that will make your operation successful and ensure you have access to the products you need.
- What types of services does Foodbuy offer that are specific to education?
Foodbuy has many unique service offerings that are beneficial to our education customers. A few of the most popular are shown below.
• FUSE – Foodbuy’s Fuse Portfolio offers more than 60 programs in the Services, Supplies and Equipment (SES) category. Whether you need Pest Control Services, Cleaning Supplies, or Toilet Paper – Fuse has a program that will accommodate your organization.
• OneSource® Ordering Platform – OneSource® is a customized eProcurement system that gives Foodbuy Members full visibility into their purchasing process, in real-time. OneSource® minimizes upfront costs by consolidating purchasing and automating the accounts payable process. Additionally, it makes it easier to increase contract compliance and optimize inventory reducing inventory costs by 20-30%.
• Culinary Consulting – Our team of professional chefs provides consultations on operational efficiencies, leads product cuttings, facilitates menu/recipe development and helps get costs down in your organization without compromising on value.
See a full list of our value-added Foodbuy service offerings here.
- Can Foodbuy provide the detailed nutritional information that I need to best serve my customers?
Yes. Foodbuy is able to offer our Members access to Webtrition – our web-based, proprietary ingredient, recipe and menu management solution. Webtrition has numerous capabilities that allow our customers to manage ingredients, define recipes, organize menus around food costs and more.
It also provides comprehensive reporting so customers know exactly what comprises each specific meal they serve. This reporting alone has made Webitrition one of Foodbuy’s most popular services with our Education customers.
- How do I go about ordering the products and services I need?
Foodbuy offers our Members access to Managed Order Guides (MOGs) to streamline the majority of their purchases from broadliners. Best practices in order guides managed by Foodbuy has resulted in improved compliance and reduced food cost. Additional benefits can include: a standardized ordering process; aggregation of products for stocking services with all Foodbuy customers using the same distributor; assurance distributors are providing the correct items; and product flagging which points users to products that provide the best net costs available.
- Can I choose my own distributor?
Yes. Foodbuy is proud to be a distributor neutral procurement organization. We allow you to select and benefit from the distribution partner that best meets your business needs. Under the Foodbuy program, customers can choose to purchase from any of the major broadliners as well as local and regional distributors that provide produce and specialty meat and seafood offerings.
- How can I be sure I am saving money and adding value to my organization?
Concierge by Foodbuy is an expert at identifying savings opportunities across our client’s supply chain. Focused solely on procurement, our team brings a unique blend of purchasing savvy, product expertise, and proven strategic processes in functional areas such sourcing, category development and distribution.
The core of food cost control begins with our purchasing strategy. Each Member has a focused account management team that will ensure your specific purchasing contract reflects the best unit pricing. Foodbuy delivers cost control measures though two main channels a Cost Modeling Methodology (from raw material to freight) and a Supply Chain Methodology (from consumer to raw material).
- Does Foodbuy have a sustainability platform?
As the largest foodservice procurement organization in North America, Foodbuy embraces both the challenges and opportunities of sustainability and corporate social responsibility initiatives in the foodservice supply chain.
Foodbuy and Compass Group have strived to make positive change within the realm of sustainability by supporting local economies, sourcing sustainable seafood, implementing measures to address climate change issues and much more. Find more detail about our sustainability platform here.
- How do I find out more about becoming a Member at Foodbuy?
For more information about becoming a Member, click here and a Foodbuy representative will be in touch: Become a Customer
How We Partner For Success
The Culinary Solutions Team at Foodbuy worked with us to establish targets and goals to drive commitment and compliance with our committed members. This yielded significant savings for our members while simultaneously driving value to the supplier community.”
We are a 700 bed hospital and have made significant achievements with the help of the Foodbuy team and utilization of the programs offered. Foodbuy (has) helped to make many positive changes in our processes and our purchasing procedures resulting in cost savings and process improvement.”
The Culinary Solutions Team at Foodbuy is a win-win for everyone involved and we look forward to expanding the program for years to come. ”