At Foodbuy, we believe diversity is the key to innovation and in creating opportunities for all suppliers.
Our network of over 600 leading manufacturers and distributors creates strategic opportunities
Advocate, Mentor, Educate
How We Spread Diversity And Grow Our Partnerships:
- Advocate for Supplier Diversity Efforts Across the Foodservice Industry
- Mentor Minority and Women-Owned Business Enterprises (MWBEs)
- Create Sustainable Business Opportunities for Supplier Inclusion
- Foster Relationships with Diverse Suppliers and Minority Organizations
- Offer Operational Support Services Driven by Dynamic Product Optimization
Supplier Diversity FAQs
- How can I become a supplier of Foodbuy?
- What documents are necessary to consider suppliers for the approval process?
We encourage suppliers to register in our portal for access to sourceable opportunities. All suppliers that register with us, are not an automatically approved supplier. Each supplier will be reviewed. Suppliers will also need to submit the following documents as part of the review process:
Certificate of Insurance
Completed QA Assessment
- What are the goals for the Foodbuy Supplier Diversity Team?
- Provide Foodbuy category development managers with resources that help them mentor our current M/WBE partners so that their partnership with us leads to increased business opportunities.
- Increase the number of diverse suppliers that provide goods and services to our customers by continually meeting with and reviewing business profiles for potential M/WBE suppliers.
- Educate M/WBE suppliers about what’s required of Foodbuy’s business partners.
- Ensure that M/WBE businesses are treated fairly in all sourcing and contracting processes by working closely with Foodbuy’s sourcing and category development teams.
- Educate our members about the availability of M/WBE suppliers to meet their business needs.
- Track all expenditures and joint revenue generated from diversified suppliers.
- Advocate for Supplier Diversity efforts across the foodservice industry, and help suppliers network within the foodservice industry.
- Is your CEO committed to Supplier Diversity?
CEO Commitment Statement
“Compass Group North American Division views diversity as a fundamental business strategy.”Embrace Diversity” is one of our 5 Global Core Values. Our Supplier Diversity is committed to the development, utilization, and growth of diverse suppliers.
Our Purchasing Organization, Foodbuy LLC aims to include qualified diverse suppliers in all aspects of the procurement process. Further, we expect our Major Vendor Partners to use similar inclusive practices in their procurement programs and vendor relationships.”
-Gary Green, CEO Compass Group North America Division
- What are the goals and objectives of the Foodbuy Supplier Diversity Program?
Through Foodbuy, Compass has a very active Supplier Diversity Program, with the following objectives:
- To identify and source business opportunities with capable small, minority, women, disabled, and veteran owned businesses that meet the supplier qualification requirements of Foodbuy and its committed customers
- To track all expenditures and joint revenue generated from diversified suppliers
- To provide diverse business owners with access to the purchasing opportunities within Foodbuy.
- Whom should I contact if I have questions?
If you have questions regarding the Supplier Diversity Program email email@example.com
The following list of links are useful resources for our suppliers. For additional questions please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
How We Partner For Success
We are a 700 bed hospital and have made significant achievements with the help of the Foodbuy team and utilization of the programs offered. Foodbuy (has) helped to make many positive changes in our processes and our purchasing procedures resulting in cost savings and process improvement.”
The Culinary Solutions Team at Foodbuy worked with us to establish targets and goals to drive commitment and compliance with our committed members. This yielded significant savings for our members while simultaneously driving value to the supplier community.”
The Culinary Solutions Team at Foodbuy is a win-win for everyone involved and we look forward to expanding the program for years to come. ”