Turning Purchase into Profit
A Look Inside Organic Valley’s Commitment to FarmersView Article
From hotels to golf course to recreation and entertainment venues
We connect our customers with the right suppliers for their business and put together winning strategies for each Member to maximize value and reduce cost whenever possible. We empower you to make the right supply chain choices for your business and offer you pure transparency along the way.
Search by Industry
Center of Plate
Control your Supply Chain
Foodbuy’s suite of procurement services will help you control your entire supply chain and lower your overall cost of goods sold.
You may be surprised to learn about the breadth of Foodbuy’s offerings beyond food. Foodbuy has contracted suppliers in a number of categories to satisfy the diverse needs of hospitality, healthcare, and restaurant operators.
Through the FUSE by Foodbuy program, you are eligible for discounts on a variety of su
pplies, equipment and service programs. These are specially negotiated rates for programs that fall outside of traditional broadline distribution.
The history of FoodbuyWe’ve created world-class procurement systems for thousands of members around the world
Began as a .com coupon site for the food service industry.
Strategic alliance with Morrison Healthcare; Compass Group acquires Morrison.
Compass purchases majority interest in Foodbuy; Foodbuy, LLC was created.
Compass Group purchases the remaining shares from venture capital group.
- What can I expect as a member of Foodbuy?
When you partner with Foodbuy, you can expect to get what you need for your business in the forms of customization, flexibility and savings. We connect our customers with the right suppliers for their business and put together winning strategies for each Member to maximize value and reduce cost whenever possible. We empower you to make the right supply chain choices for your business and offer you pure transparency along the way.
- What types of products can Foodbuy offer my business?
Foodbuy manages over 800 leading manufacturers though 2,000+ contracts, offering programs with industry leaders in food, beverages, supplies, equipment and services.
- What types of services does Foodbuy offer that are specific to education?
Foodbuy has many unique service offerings that are beneficial to our education customers. A few of the most popular are shown below.
• FUSE – Foodbuy’s Fuse Portfolio offers more than 60 programs in the Services, Supplies and Equipment (SES) category. Whether you need Pest Control Services, Cleaning Supplies, or Toilet Paper – Fuse has a program that will accommodate your organization.
• OneSource® Ordering Platform – OneSource® is a customized eProcurement system that gives Foodbuy Members full visibility into their purchasing process, in real-time. OneSource® minimizes upfront costs by consolidating purchasing and automating the accounts payable process. Additionally, it makes it easier to increase contract compliance and optimize inventory reducing inventory costs by 20-30%.
• Culinary Consulting – Our team of professional chefs provides consultations on operational efficiencies, leads product cuttings, facilitates menu/recipe development and helps get costs down in your organization without compromising on value.
See a full list of our value-added Foodbuy service offerings here.
- Can Foodbuy provide the detailed nutritional information that I need to best serve my customers?
Yes. Foodbuy is able to offer our Members access to Webtrition – our web-based, proprietary ingredient, recipe and menu management solution. Webtrition has numerous capabilities that allow our customers to manage ingredients, define recipes, organize menus around food costs and more.
It also provides comprehensive reporting so customers know exactly what comprises each specific meal they serve. This reporting alone has made Webitrition one of Foodbuy’s most popular services with our Education customers.
Concierge by Foodbuy
Concierge by Foodbuy delivers exceptional service, value and savings through procurement solutions designed to meet your unique business needs.More Information
Foodservice & Restaurants
From quick service to fine dining, Foodbuy provides proven supply chain solutions across a variety of restaurant segments that focus on food as well as profit.More Information