The company was looking to maximize compliance to Foodbuy programs from the start of the on-boarding process as they transitioned to OneSource (Foodbuy’s proprietary technology procurement platform). The customer wanted to focus their purchasing power with the implementation of an approved spec book.
- The Foodbuy Culinary Solutions team assisted the VP of food and beverage in the development of the spec book to help to identify the core, highly-leveraged items that the client should be utilizing. Spec books and shopping lists were added to the supplier catalog via the OneSource platform to drive compliance.
- In a collaborative effort with sales, account management, and OneSource associates, Foodbuy set goals and used technology to enable and track purchases. Additionally, a dedicated client training was held to explain the initiative and how to take full advantage of the technology.
- Annualized savings of $424K through broadline distribution
- Annualized savings of $150K on purchases made through local distributors, with 72% of local distributor spend converted to approved broadliners
- $45K of additional savings were identified through operational walk-throughs and suggested process improvements
- 13 Month Rate of Return (ROR) – Rebates/Total Spend 3.6%
- Total Savings – Rebates & Deviations/Total Spend 7.5%
Related Case Studies
Products for Your Industry at the Right Price...
This Member was experiencing high turnover rates for cooks and line cooks at many of their Member locations. They were looking for new and...
Identify Opportunities from Procurement to Back-of-House Execution...