The company was looking to maximize compliance to Foodbuy programs from the start of the on-boarding process as they transitioned to OneSource (Foodbuy’s proprietary technology procurement platform). The customer wanted to focus their purchasing power with the implementation of an approved spec book.
- The Foodbuy Culinary Solutions team assisted the VP of food and beverage in the development of the spec book to help to identify the core, highly-leveraged items that the client should be utilizing. Spec books and shopping lists were added to the supplier catalog via the OneSource platform to drive compliance.
- In a collaborative effort with sales, account management, and OneSource associates, Foodbuy set goals and used technology to enable and track purchases. Additionally, a dedicated client training was held to explain the initiative and how to take full advantage of the technology.
- Annualized savings of $424K through broadline distribution
- Annualized savings of $150K on purchases made through local distributors, with 72% of local distributor spend converted to approved broadliners
- $45K of additional savings were identified through operational walk-throughs and suggested process improvements
- 13 Month Rate of Return (ROR) – Rebates/Total Spend 3.6%
- Total Savings – Rebates & Deviations/Total Spend 7.5%
Related Case Studies
Hospitality & Leisure
Using an Approved Product List (APL) can be a great way to streamline purchasing and reinforce brand standards....
Leveraging Innovation, Collaboration and Culinary Expertise to Impact Growth...
Achieving Sustainability Standards...