This Member is the largest group purchasing organization (GPO) in the United States for the alternate site healthcare market.
- 10,000+ Members with 24,000 Member locations nationwide
- 74% of business is in long-term care
- Working with independent, regional, national and/or corporate organizations
This Member was experiencing high turnover rates for cooks and line cooks at many of their Member locations. They were looking for new and innovative ways to retain foodservice employees within their units and enlisted Foodbuy to help develop a solution. Additionally, there was a need to add value through education and additional training on the preferred programs that were available to customers.
Foodbuy’s Culinary Solutions Team partnered with this Member to develop a unique, hands-on training module that included cooks, line cooks, manufacturers, chefs and culinarians. Branded as a dining academy, this was a two-day program, which focused on improving food quality and nutrition while introducing new menu items that support core manufacturer programs.
20 students from this Member’s locations attended the dining academy and participated in six Corporate Chef Demos that ranged in topic from Flavor Trends to Versatility and Cost Effectiveness in Menuing. Recipes with nutritionals were provided throughout the two days and at the end of the conference each participant took home a personalized chef’s coat and a brand new set of kitchen knives.
The first dining academy proved to be such a success, there have been additional trainings planned throughout the year. Key benefits for this Member include:
- Total property compliance rose from 67% to 75% after cooks attended the dining academy.
- This Member recognized $45,000 in additional savings because of operational walk-throughs and process improvements implemented after the Dining Academy.
- This Member realized 83% of their total savings opportunity for the year as a result of the dining academy.