Education FAQsBelow is a list of questions often asked by customers in education. Don't see your question listed? Contact us and we will respond.
- How can a GPO (Group Purchasing Organization) like Foodbuy help me?
Foodbuy processes more than 35 million transactions per month. Our ability to provide extensive data analytics keeps our clients profitable, enabling them to evaluate their supply chain processes. Our secret is in our dynamic financial optimization, we offer enhanced financials to support informed decisions. This results in the right products at the right price for their unique application.
- What can I expect as a member of Foodbuy?
When you partner with Foodbuy, you can expect to get what you need for your business in the forms of customization, flexibility and savings. We connect our customers with the right suppliers for their business and put together winning strategies for each Member to maximize value and reduce cost whenever possible. We empower you to make the right supply chain choices for your business and offer you pure transparency along the way.
- What types of products can Foodbuy offer my business?
Foodbuy manages over 800 leading manufacturers though 2,000+ contracts, offering programs with industry leaders in food, beverages, supplies, equipment and services.
- What types of services does Foodbuy offer that are specific to education?
Foodbuy has many unique service offerings that are beneficial to our education customers. A few of the most popular are shown below.
• FUSE – Foodbuy’s Fuse Portfolio offers more than 60 programs in the Services, Supplies and Equipment (SES) category. Whether you need Pest Control Services, Cleaning Supplies, or Toilet Paper – Fuse has a program that will accommodate your organization.
• OneSource® Ordering Platform – OneSource® is a customized eProcurement system that gives Foodbuy Members full visibility into their purchasing process, in real-time. OneSource® minimizes upfront costs by consolidating purchasing and automating the accounts payable process. Additionally, it makes it easier to increase contract compliance and optimize inventory reducing inventory costs by 20-30%.
• Culinary Consulting – Our team of professional chefs provides consultations on operational efficiencies, leads product cuttings, facilitates menu/recipe development and helps get costs down in your organization without compromising on value.
See a full list of our value-added Foodbuy service offerings here.
- Can I choose my own distributor?
Yes. Foodbuy is proud to be a distributor neutral procurement organization. We allow you to select and benefit from the distribution partner that best meets your business needs. Under the Foodbuy program, customers can choose to purchase from any of the major broadliners as well as local and regional distributors that provide produce and specialty meat and seafood offerings.
- Can Foodbuy provide the detailed nutritional information that I need to best serve my customers?
Yes. Foodbuy is able to offer our Members access to Webtrition – our web-based, proprietary ingredient, recipe and menu management solution. Webtrition has numerous capabilities that allow our customers to manage ingredients, define recipes, organize menus around food costs and more.
It also provides comprehensive reporting so customers know exactly what comprises each specific meal they serve. This reporting alone has made Webitrition one of Foodbuy’s most popular services with our Education customers.
- Can I buy local food from a GPO (Group Purchasing Organization) like Foodbuy?
Yes. By leveraging regional produce distributors around the United States, our organization has been able to expand the local grower base with distributors who were already well-known, trusted and familiar with our locations and commitment to quality.
- Does Foodbuy have a sustainability platform?
As the largest foodservice procurement organization in North America, Foodbuy embraces both the challenges and opportunities of sustainability and corporate social responsibility initiatives in the foodservice supply chain.
Foodbuy and Compass Group have strived to make positive change within the realm of sustainability by supporting local economies, sourcing sustainable seafood, implementing measures to address climate change issues and much more. Find more detail about our sustainability platform here.
- How do I go about ordering the products and services I need?
Foodbuy offers our Members access to Managed Order Guides (MOGs) to streamline the majority of their purchases from broadliners. Best practices in order guides managed by Foodbuy has resulted in improved compliance and reduced food cost. Additional benefits can include: a standardized ordering process; aggregation of products for stocking services with all Foodbuy customers using the same distributor; assurance distributors are providing the correct items; and product flagging which points users to products that provide the best net costs available.
- How do I find out more about becoming a Member at Foodbuy?
For more information about becoming a Member, click here and a Foodbuy representative will be in touch: Become a Customer